Economics and Game Theory ¶
Sunday 20th May, 2012
With Andy having fled the country, Will is joined by Trevor Wood to talk about Nash equilibria, reputation-based currency, and the 16th-century tulip bubble. (They will try to avoid discussing Diplomacy too much.)
You may remember Trevor from his Season 2 appearance on mathematics and mathematicians.
- von Neumann
- John Nash
- Tulip mania
- @dcurtis on SpaceX and Instagram
- 2010 Flash Crash (do not confuse)
- Down and Out In the Magic Kingdom
- How Bitcoin works
- Swatch .beats
- golden balls. the weirdest split or steal ever!
- Buy tickets for our screening of Prometheus at the Arts Picturehouse. Come heckle us in the flesh!
- The Hives – Supply and Demand
- Battles – Wall Street
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
- Johnny Cash – Folsom Prison Blues
- R.E.M. – It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)