Sunday 17th June, 2012
Leonard Richardson joins the show from across the Atlantic to talk about games as plot devices, generative content, storytelling, games which exploit the player, and dadaism. You may know Leonard as the creator of Robot Finds Kitten, the maintainer of Beautiful Soup and the author of Constellation Games, among his many other works.
- Candlemark & Gleam.
- The Constellation Games Semi-Official Home Page (A production of The Great Hall Of The People And Also Science).
- Holly's blog post with statistics garnered from her research.
- The incredible spreadsheet.
- Wikipedia on Lucky Wander Boy.
- The generative artworks of Adam Parrish.
- Spurious, for all your sonnet needs. Since the recording of this episode, Leonard fixed the bug mentioned, so the sonnets are true Queneau Assemblies.
- Dada Da Dada Da Dum, Leonard's all-new limerick Queneau assembler inspired by Andy's remark.
- Not mentioned on the show, but Dinosaur Comics fans should take a look at Dadasaurus Rex.
- Jonathan Whiting on Nethack on Games We Have Known And Loved.
- Speaking of Twitter, @leonardr.
- We noticed after the recording that Amazon UK lists Constellation Games without any punitive shipping costs.
- Psapp – About Fun
- Adam Parrish’s Frotzophone
- Darren Korb – Twisted Streets (from the Bastion soundtrack)
- Alex Smoke – Anima
Jenny's Twitter avatar by Beth Lerman